Monday, June 13, 2011

Mmm Brick Oven Bread!

Baking bread can be very easy. I look for books and recipes that are written for the novice baker and they make the task fun. I find that baking and cooking is a great way to take your mind off your worries (today that was Amanda flying to Texas on her first business trip for her first "real job".) As soon as she landed I could let my mind wander and enjoy my thoughts while ending up with something delicious that I am proud of.
I don't think I would ever have made bread if we didn't discover wood fired baking. Having the Roundboy Oven and the whole idea of baking old world style was so appealing to me. I always enjoyed baking as a hobby over cooking, I like how precise it is. Following exact directions and getting lost in my thoughts is my way of relaxing. The brick oven brings Karl into my hobby and we both enjoy it so much. 
Today we made Oatmeal Molasses bread and Buttermilk and Cinnamon Raisin bread. 
I don't have pictures of the bread in the oven because just as we put it in the oven the sky opened up to a downpour! We were able to fit 2 large loaves and 3 small loaves into the oven at the same time. The bread was delicious and there is nothing better then the aroma of fresh baked bread (except eating fresh baked bread).  
The bread is ready to start rising.
Risen and ready for the oven.
A little too browned on the top but that is part of wood fired baking!
We cut the cinnamon raisin right away. Warm, gooey and delicious!
Buttermilk
Oatmeal Molasses.
  Pizza for dinner after a day baking bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment