Thursday, June 23, 2011

STRAWBERRY CAKE WITH WOOD ROASTED STRAWBERRY TOPPING

 I love to read blogs and search for new recipes to make in our wood fired oven. Blogs are my favorite place to look because of the great pictures and good directions and suggestions.  I found the Strawberry Cake by Martha Stewart on a blog I discovered The Smitten Kitchen. I found many recipes I can't wait to make in our Roundboy Oven at this blog.

 I made the cake in a cast iron fry pan and it worked well. While the cake was baking I prepared the  Slow Roasted Strawberries from the blog She Who Eats. We Roasted the Strawberries in our Round boy oven of course!
 The wood fired cooking environment is so ideal for fruit recipes.
 







 Look how nice this cake recipe puffed up in the oven.



The cake was in the oven for 1 hour and the roasted strawberries for another hour after that. All this  from the original fire that Karl made to heat up the oven. He took the fire out and we baked for 2 hours and there was still plenty of heat in the oven to continue baking.  I hope this summer I can do a full course meal all wood fired. With a wood fired brick oven the best part is how well it holds and releases heat over time.  With a little planning this would be a nice dinner party idea. 
   
Martha Stewart you need a Roundboy Oven to prepare this cake!
This is a wonderful summer treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment