Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Greetings!

   It is the day before Christmas Eve and K.C. is on his way from New Jersey, Amanda is working her last shift at Outback until after Christmas. I am so excited to have my children home and give them their Christmas presents! I still enjoy finding the perfect surprise gift for them, I still enjoy celebrating the Holiday with them. I think I enjoy the holiday just as much as when they were little.
   Karl is making up the toppings for the wood fired pizza we will have tonight! Tonight seemed like the perfect night to make pizza. We wanted something easy and pizza is so easy, we wanted something special and pizza in our brick oven is always a special treat. Karl is in charge of the whole deal tonight and he made a new pizza dough recipe that I will share with you. In fact Karl and my children will be making all the holiday meals this year! I think having this cast might be not so bad after all. I am thinking this could start a whole new tradition in our house!
    I want to wish everyone a wonderful holiday! We have done so well with our Round Boy Ovens this year! It has been a exciting and successful year for us and we are looking forward to a web site that K.C. is working on with a web designer and maybe some new design features that Harry and Karl have planned. I hope everyone who owns a Round Boy Oven is enjoying some holiday brick oven meals! I would be so happy if you would share with me your favorite recipe for me to post for everyone. We will also be sharing on the web site the very creative designs our customers have used with their Round Boy ovens.  We appreciate and have enjoyed talking to all our customers and future customers this year. The best part has been the people we have met! So I hope Santa is good to you all and next year is healthy and happy!
Thanks for reading my Blog, Lisa
                    
From  the book PIZZA  GRILL IT, BAKE IT, LOVE IT! by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
Olive Oil Pizza Dough

1/2 cup luke-warm water (105*f)
1 1/2 teas active dry yeast
1/2 teas sugar
1/2 teas salt
2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup olive oil

Stir warm water, yeast , sugar and salt in bowl. Set aside for 5 min. for yeast to foam. Add flour and olive oil to yeast mixture. Attach dough hook and stir at med. speed until combined. Continue beating at med. speed for 7 min.
Wipe a clean large bowl with olive oil and place the dough in bowl turning so all sides are coated. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm draft free place( I use the microwave) for about 2 hours or until doubles in size. Shape and make dough balls the size you need ( I like 10 oz.). Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the pizza, Lisa! I wish I were there. Happy Holidays to you, Karl, K.C. and Amanda!
    Best wishes for a wonderful "Round Boy" New Year!

    ReplyDelete